Recipe Serves 4
1 onion, sliced
1 red and 1 green pepper, chopped
50g chorizo, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp olive oil
250g easy cook/precooked basmati rice
400g can chopped tomatoes
200g raw, peeled prawns, defrosted if frozen
1. Light the charcoal and wait for the coals to turn grey.
2. In the Deep Frying Pan, fry the onion, peppers, chorizo and garlic in the oil over a high heat for 5 mins, or until onions and peppers are soft.
3. Stir in the rice and chopped tomatoes with 500ml boiling water, cover, then cook over a high heat for 15 mins.
4. Uncover, then stir – the rice should be almost tender if you have used easy cook rice. If not then this process will take longer and may require another more boiling water.
5. Once the rice is almost tender, stir in the prawns, with a splash more water if the rice is looking dry, then cover and cook for another min until the prawns are just pink and the rice tender.